Applicants can start applying to the CAP program beginning December of each year and the deadline to submit an application to the program is April 22. All other application materials (high school transcript and recommendation letter) must be sent either as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the hard copy to the CAP’s office with the address below. Any incomplete applications will not be processed and/or review.
1. Applicant’s current high school transcript.
2. A letter of recommendation (acceptable sources: teacher, counselor, or employer).
College Access Program
School of Education
139 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Click on the link below to apply:
Click here to apply (application is currently closed).
Note: Participants will need to write a personal statement as part of the application process. To save time on the application, the statement questions are provided below. It is highly encouraged that applicants write their responses ahead of time so they can copy/paste the response onto the statement box when they reach this section.
CAP Personal Statement:
Please choose one of the following questions or statements and write a 200-300 word response.
1. Please describe three personal or academic goals you hope to achieve by participating in the program. For instance, what experiences, knowledge, and skills do you hope to gain as a result of attending this program?
2. What special skills do you have? How will your attitude, personality, and experiences contribute to the program as a participant?
3. Please share your educational background, including academic strengths, areas for improvement, and/or special circumstances you have had to overcome.
4. What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas about higher education? How will you achieve your hopes and dreams?